Music Therapy, Beginner Piano, Ukulele, Guitar, Voice
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Music Therapy, Georgia College, graduated magna cum laude
- Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC); Licensed in state of GA (LPMT)
Music therapy/teaching experience:
- Provider at Jacob’s Ladder School and Therapy Center since 2021
- Completed Music Therapy internship at Therabeat, Inc.
- Former Music Therapist at Ridgeview Institute for behavioral health
Sara’s background is in vocal performance, but she also has played the clarinet for over 10 years. Along with teaching beginner piano, ukulele, guitar, and voice, Sara has experience in a variety of clinical and educational settings. She is currently a provider at Jacob’s Ladder, implementing their Interpersonal Whole-Brain Model of Care to students with varying disabilities.
Before starting at Metro Music Makers and Jacob’s Ladder, Sara worked as a music therapist at the Ridgeview Institute in Smyrna, Georgia, working with patients ranging from 13 to 100 years old with varying mental health and psychiatric needs.
“I want to provide my students and music therapy clients a place where they feel safe to grow and work on their goals,” she shares. “We all flourish when we are seen and loved for who we are at our core.”
Some of Sara’s favorite styles of music are musical theatre and folk/indie. She loves to cook and bake, play video games, and cuddle with her kitty, Percy.