Guitar, Beginner Piano, Bass
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology/Recording from Georgia State University
- Received the Undergraduate Musical Excellence Award in the form of a work scholarship for all four years of her Georgia State career
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Performing with world-renowned composer Eric Whitacre to a sold-out Rialto concert hall with the Symphonic Wind Ensemble at GSU
- Performed on bassoon multiple times with the Symphonic Wind Ensemble at GSU
- Many performances in smaller ensembles or on other students’ recitals
- Private teacher for multiple elementary and middle school students for several years
Sandra Evans teaches beginner guitar, piano, and bass in all different styles and genres, while her more advanced guitar playing and teaching is more focused on the blues (the Jimi Hendrix/John Mayer/Stevie Ray Vaughn style of playing). Sandra is also very well-versed in rock and pop. She loves to listen to all genres of music, from classical to hip-hop to alternative rock, and her favorite styles to play are blues and pop.
Sandra loves transcribing and arranging songs to fit different skill levels and create fun new ways to perform songs solo on guitar, and she is more than happy to do this for any song her students like.
“I want to not only be a teacher to my students, but also someone they can trust and confide in with anything in their lives, not just music-related,” Sandra shares. “I strive to inspire my students to be the best they can be, not only as musicians but also as individuals!”
As well as being a musician, Sandra is also an artist and loves to draw, paint, and crochet. She loves doing pet portraits for people, since she grew up with many dogs (up to five at one time!) and now has a cat of her own named Ham.
Find Sandra online: