Piano, Drums, Percussion
Education and Awards:
- Privately and classically trained from the age of three in piano
- Scored a ‘5’ on every section of the AP Music Theory exam
- Dj Kazi Memorial Marching Percussionist of the Year (2015)
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Live shows with singer-songwriter Arlana across Nashville
- Scored three short films
- Pianist for studio recordings in studios such as Ocean Way Nashville, The Tracking Room, and Omni Sound
- Accompanist for Lighthouse Elementary Choir in state competition (1st Place)
- Pianist in multiple senior recitals and student auditions at Belmont University
- Freelance session/gig pianist
- Contract music producer
- Private, in-home music instructor since 2017
- Taught marching percussion as a tech for a large high school drum line
- Music director at The Chapel at Antioch
- Music director for Arlana (singer-songwriter/new soul/hip hop artist)
Josh teaches piano, drum and percussion across a variety of genres, including classical, jazz, pop and gospel, as well as classical/concert and marching (percussion).
Josh’s greatest desire as a teacher is for students to develop a strong passion and joy for music as a launching pad for all of their musical endeavors. “Learning music is like learning an entirely new language, so be patient with yourself!” Josh encourages his students. “Don’t get too frustrated on the hard days—give yourself grace, and enjoy it. It will be well worth it, trust me!”
Josh makes a point to invest in his students beyond just teaching them music. “I believe they appreciate that I care about them, and that I’m invested in and supportive of more than just their music,” he says.
In his senior year of high school, in addition to being in the concert band, jazz ensemble, marching band, and taking six AP classes, Josh played Varsity basketball and tennis! He then went on to marry the woman of his dreams at 20 years old: Athena, a nurse in the Pediatric ICU at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. Also, Josh has been an uncle since the day he was born.