Guitar, Beginning Bass, Drums, Ukulele, Mandolin, Piano
Education and Awards:
- Ph.D. in Music (magna cum laude, University of South Florida
- M.A. (cum laude) and B.A. in Interdisciplinary Humanities, Florida State University
- Member of College Music Society
- Member of Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Member of numerous bands in Atlanta, Tallahassee and Tampa
- Member of iPad band “Touch” in Tampa
- Professor of Music at University of Tampa (2017-2019)
- Professor of Humanities at Miami-Dade College (2016-2017)
- Music Leadership Instructor at McLaughlin Middle School (2015-2016)
- Music Specialist at DeSoto and Lutz Elementary (2014-2015)
- Graduate Assistant of Music Education at University of South Florida (2010-2013)
- Professor of Philosophy at Kennesaw State University (2009-2010)
- Graduate Assistant of Humanities at Florida State University (2007-2008)
- Private Guitar Instructor (2006-present)
- Directed several rock/modern, technology and creative ensembles at University of South Florida and University of Tampa
- Directed African Drumming and Choral ensembles at the elementary level
Victor is an experienced teacher of numerous instruments, including electric and acoustic guitar, beginning bass, drums, ukulele, mandolin and piano. He also teaches across a variety of genres, including rock,blues, country, folk, alternative, pop and rap.
Victor’s goals as a teacher are to provide students with lifelong musicianship they can use to enrich their lives, and to teach them how to play instruments proficiently. As he guides students, he allows them to express themselves creatively and artistically and engagesthem in a challenging and respectful manner, all while allowing students develop their own musical “voice.” Victor supports his students’ artistic endeavors by attending their performances and providing outside resources when they are needed.
“There are so many ways to engage music; find what works for you,” Victor advises his students. “Set realistic goals, do things that you are interested in, and practice!”
Victor loves movies, reading, writing and painting. He enjoys playing basketball and swimming. His favorite style of music to play is electric blues/rock music.