Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Ukulele, Brass, Strings
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education, University of North Georgia
- Attended Columbus State University
- Attended the Art Institute of Charlotte (Culinary School)
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Performed in CSU’s trombone choir, jazz band and wind ensemble
- Performed in UNG’s wind ensemble, low brass ensemble and jazz band
- Student teacher at Chestatee Academy Middle School in Gainesville, GA
- Substitute band teacher at Chestatee Academy
- Ran low brass sectionals at after-school rehearsals for LGPE band
Michael teaches piano, guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, trombone, trumpet, tuba, euphonium, french horn, and beginner strings (violin, viola, cello and double bass) at Metro Music Makers.
“I want to inspire students to have a lifelong passion for music while building fundamentals in technique, theory and performance,” Michael shares. ”I also aim to not only teach students these fundamentals, but the correct discipline when practicing to ensure maximum efficiency over time.“
It’s not just about the fundamentals for Michael though. He also works to make sure that his students get to play the type of music and songs that they want to play. “I make my students feel comfortable and make sure that each lesson is a no-pressure situation,” he follows up. “Becoming a musician takes extreme dedication, but if you work hard, practice and don’t give up, you will succeed!”
Michael has myriad interests beyond music, including cooking (he even attended culinary school for a season; his specialties are BBQ meats and pastries!), technology and old cars. “I own and operate a 3D printer, and I love to play video games in my spare time,” he shares. He is also currently restoring/repairing a 1989 Volvo 740.