Voice, Beginner Piano
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Music in Education, University of Georgia
- Graduated summa cum laude
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Singing in the ensemble (with UGA’s Hodgson Singers) for Andrea Bocelli’s performance at the Infinite Energy Center
- Soprano section leader in church choir
- Performed multiple solos and recitals
- Certified K-12 Music Instructor
- Active member of Georgia Music Educators Association (GMEA)
- Active member of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
- Taught private and group instruction at the Friese Music Studio, 2013-2019
- Intern with the Georgia Children’s Choir, 2018-2019
- Choral Director at Pinckneyville Middle School, 2021-present
Karyn Lewis is a vocal and piano teacher who has experience both as a performer and in the classroom. She has been involved in choir and singing lessons since she was in elementary school, and went on to study music education in college.
Karyn teaches beginning to intermediate piano and voice, in the genres of classical, musical theatre, and contemporary. She strives to create an environment where students are able to develop and nurture their musical talents while also acquiring the skills they need to become lifelong learners.
“I will always be one of your biggest fans,” Karyn wants to share with her future students. “I’m here to support you and I can’t wait to make music together!”
Karyn is a recent graduate of UGA who has since moved to Atlanta and is having fun exploring new places. She loves all kinds of music, but is probably one of the biggest Taylor Swift fans out there. (“I’ve been to four of her concerts!” she confesses.) Karyn loves to read, travel, and spend time with her friends and family. “I also recently got a pair of kittens who are the cutest little things you’ve ever seen!” she enthuses.