Education and awards:
- Studied drum theory in high school
- Studied under some of the best drummers in the world
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Drummer for Montell Jordan, Paper Tongues and Israel Houghton
- Performed in an arena show with over 10,000 people
- Extensive experience doing studio work and live recordings
- Private drum instructor since 2010
Justin Boyd learned drum theory in high school and went on to study under some of the best drummers in the world. In additional to being an accomplished performer and studio musician, Justin has also taught drums privately for over 10 years. He teaches drumming of all levels, as well as beginner guitar. He aspires to raise up the next generation to be great musicians.
“I desire to push students to a place of growing not only in their gifting to play music but also to be mentally strong,” he shares. “I love forming relationships with students—not just showing up to teach, but making sure they know that I care about them. I offer a lot of support and would help them in any way to grow. I truly love teaching!”
“I have a beautiful wife and young son, Ezekiel, that I love like crazy,” Justin says. “We absolutely love being parents. I am convinced that to raise a great kid you have to be intentional in everything you do.”
In addition to teaching drums, Justin is the Children’s Director for Victory Midtown as of April 2020. He also loves to play golf and continues to practice drums often.