Guitar, Piano, Bass, Saxophone, Songwriting, Rock Band, Music Production
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Arts in Music, University of North Georgia
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministries, Liberty University
- North Georgia Leadership Scholarship recipient (full scholarship)
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Atlanta-area session artist
- Performed on the Winterfest tour with Joe and Christian Leaphart
- Recorded a session in the same hall as the London Symphony Orchestra
- Private music instructor since 2010
- Led music programs for daycare and after-school programs
- Music Director and Youth Worship Leader, Cross Church Atlanta
A rare teacher that offers in-depth, attainable improvisational studies, J.T. can arrange music to fit any instrument. J.T. teaches guitar, piano, bass and woodwinds at Metro Music Makers, in styles as varied as jazz, country, worship, rock and classical. It’s his personal mission to show kids that music is not just something else to study, but rather is a fun art for expressing oneself.
“Don’t give up when it gets hard,” J.T. encourages his students. “Just find a new way of pushing through.“
J.T. not only teaches private lessons at Metro Music Makers, but he also teaches our Music Production and Songwriting classes, leads some of our Rock Band groups, and leads workshops for fellow teachers. In addition, J.T. also teaches with Metro Music Maker’s in-school programs, and along with instructor Mark Grundhoefer, helped pioneer our incredible online lessons platform.
J.T. loves coffee and, in his words, “may have a slight addiction to it.” He and his wife have a young, growing family (which may explain the coffee addiction).