Voice, Piano, Guitar, Ukulele
Education and awards:
- Bachelor of Music in Education, Kennesaw State University
- Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance, Kennesaw State University
Notable roles/performance experience:
- The witch in Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel
- Susanna’s understudy in The Marriage of Figaro
- Soloist in Handel’s Messiah at Roswell Presbyterian Church
- Soloist in Capitol City Opera’s On the Lightside: Gershwin Review
- Chorus roles with The Atlanta Opera and Capitol City Opera in productions of Madame Butterfly, The Merry Widow and The Abduction from the Seraglio
- Private music instructor since 2013
- Student teacher at Pope High School, Marietta
- Music Director for Bye Bye Birdie and The Sound of Music, Pope High School, Marietta
Sarah is a voice instructor for Metro Music Makers, specializing in classical style (but also offering Broadway, pop and jazz), a beginner and intermediate piano instructor, and a beginning guitar and ukulele instructor.
Sarah strives to nurture a love for music in her students by making the learning process fun and natural. “Even the most challenging material can become easy when presented in a fun and interesting way!” she says.
Sarah wants her students to be passionate about music. “Music isn’t just another subject in school—it’s the language of your emotions. If you can’t have fun with it, you’re doing it wrong!”
Sarah has a daughter who loves singing almost as much as she does! They can frequently be heard singing songs from Frozen 2. She loves to spend weekends watching football with her mom, and on a rainy day she likes curling up with a cup of coffee and a good book.