- Bachelor of Arts (double major in Speech Communication & Rhetoric and Spanish), Samford University
- Graduate course work in Communication at Georgia State University
- Freelance writer for small businesses and faith-based organizations since mid-2000s
- Writer for Orange/reThink Group since 2009
- Public Relations Coordinator, United Methodist Children’s Home, 2002-2012
After working for over a decade in Public Relations at a non-profit serving children and families, and side-hustling as a freelance writer, Julie transitioned to writing full-time. She enjoys writing for small businesses, non-profits and faith-based organizations.
Julie studied music throughout her childhood and performed in various choirs and ensembles. Before having children, she and her husband enjoyed performing in local coffee shops, and now they receive great pleasure seeing their two daughters take on their love of music. Julie leads worship with both students and adults at her church.
In her free time, Julie enjoys hiking, camping, attending concerts with her husband and traveling with her family, and she is passionate about fitness and nutrition. But she also really loves ice cream and coffee.