1) What do you teach at Metro Music Makers?
Violin, viola, piano and voice
2) If you could only hear one song on repeat the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
That is tough. I have so many favorites from almost every genre. I do have a weakness for pop punk though, so I will go with “Brick by Boring Brick” by Paramore.
3) What is the best part about teaching?
I really love when my students look forward to their lessons! To be the relaxing or fun part of someone’s day means a lot to me. I also enjoy helping them meet their personal goals with music, and seeing their happy expressions when they meet them.
4) Do you play or sing somewhere regularly?
I am a violinist in a piano trio called Lizzaria. We love to play in weddings and other events, and are working on some public performance ideas as well!
5) If you could snap your fingers and get your students to do one thing, what would it be?
I would have them communicate with me more on their goals and favorite music. I am not the type of teacher who tries to dictate what fun songs they learn. I was classically trained, but I love teaching all genres!
6) If you hadn’t become a career musician, what other career would you have chosen?
I would be a psychologist. I enjoy listening to people and trying to brighten their day.
7) What is one random fact about you that might surprise us?
I am an outdoorsy person. Every chance I get, I am kayaking, biking or hiking.