10 Oct Meet J.T. Lee
1) What do you teach at Metro Music Makers?
Saxophone, bass, guitar, piano, flute, clarinet, ukulele, and whatever else you need.
2) If you could only hear one song on repeat the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
I really can’t. There’s too much good music out there to settle on one song! It’s probably a tie between “The Star-Crossed Lovers” by Duke Ellington, because it’s beautiful, and “Sir Duke” by Stevie Wonder. Maybe “Under The Bridge” by Red Hot Chili Peppers, because let’s face it, any groove by them is worth repeating.
3) What is the best part about teaching?
Getting to be a part of so many awesome families’ lives.
4) Do you play or sing somewhere regularly?
I am the Music Director and Youth Worship Leader at Cross Church in Cumming. I also tour regularly with their worship team and a few other groups. I play in a few party bands, and sit in with a few others. It just depends on the week. Feel free to follow me on Instagram (@JTLEE07) to keep up with what I’m doing.
5) If you could snap your fingers and get your students to do one thing, what would it be?
I’d want them to realize that music has more potential to take them places than anything they can do. It’s more than a career. It’s a calling to be a musician, and I believe God gave them that gift for a reason.
6) If you hadn’t become a career musician, what other career would you have chosen?
None. I was made for this. OK, really, probably pro wrestler. I mean, look at these guns!
7) What is one random fact about you that might surprise us?
I love going to the gym to work out. It’s a great way to clear my head and get some energy back!