Education and Awards:
- Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance, New England Conservatory of Music
- Master of Music in Piano Performance, Longy School of Music
- First Place in Longy School of Music Honors Competition
- Studied piano in a conservatory since the age of 4
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Member of Piano Guild
- Solo and chamber performances in Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory of Music
- Began teaching in high school as a teaching assistant
- Studio instructor for over five years
- Piano auditions judge
Yini is an experienced performer with over two decades of musical education and performances, and she has been teaching for over five years. Her repertoire includes classical piano, music theory and solfege.
Yini’s goals as a teacher are to allow her students to enjoying playing music, and for her students to learn music history and the background of composers. She strives to instill confidence in her students. It’s clearly paying off, as four of her students passed the ABRSM test with distinction (the highest score on the exam for the Royal Schools of Music, the UK’s largest music education body), and five of her students passed all of the levels on the Royal Conservatory piano exam.
Yini loves her three dogs: Macy, a Golden Retriever; Julie, a Chihuahua mix; and Diamond, a French Bulldog. She enjoys cooking and traveling, and her dream is to go to Bolivia one day.