Education and awards:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Performed in many choir and band settings
- Performed solo for her graduation recital
- Taught Sunday School for 3-5 year olds
- Elementary general music student-teacher
- Taught at an art summer camp
Katie Pedersen has performed in many choir and band settings, which is her absolute favorite part of being a musician. She knew she wanted to teach after being a Sunday School teacher for 3-5 year olds. Katie is certified for Music P-12, meaning chorus, band, and orchestra at any age level. Her specialty is elementary music, as well as voice and percussion.
“I want to help children love and appreciate music, as music can help us grow as people!” she shares.
Katie is passionate about the next generation. “I always want to be there for my students! I always try to make them feel seen, whether that be taking an extra minute to listen to a story, attending their events and performances, or just checking in with them.”
Katie’s advice for her students is one we can all benefit from. “Never forget that in the end, music is supposed to be fun!”