Music Therapy, Piano, Guitar
Education and awards:
- University of the Pacific, Bachelor of Music, graduated cum laude
- Major: Music Therapy and Guitar
- Minor: Psychology
- Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC); Licensed in state of GA (LPMT)
- Piano Certificate of Merit (2004-2014), Branch Honor Award 2009 and 2010
Music therapy/teaching experience:
- Taught group music summer classes for school-aged children
- Group guitar teacher for high school students
- Worship leader at various churches and college fellowships
As a music therapy student, Briana planned, implemented, and led group sessions in different populations and settings for clients and patients with various diagnoses. During her music therapy internship at UCSF Benioff Children’s hospital, Briana primarily worked with patients in the rehabilitation, oncology and hematology and blood and marrow transplant unit.
As a music therapist and instructor, Briana is able to help clients and students express themselves by playing and learning music. “I love that I am able to play a role in a person’s musical journey and see them grow in all aspects of life,” she shares.
Briana also works to make sure her students have fun while they are learning and playing music. “Never stop creating and playing music that feels most true to you,” she encourages her students.
Briana loves to travel and go on adventures with her fiancé. She enjoys taking photos and creating YouTube videos documenting her life, making guitar covers, and advocating for the music therapy field. Her favorite artist is Taylor Swift, her favorite band is The 1975, and her favorite Broadway play is Wicked!