Music Therapy, Piano, Guitar, Ukulele
Education and Awards:
- Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy, Barrett, The Honors College (at Arizona State University), summa cum laude
- Board-certified music therapist (MT-BC)
- Member of the American Music Therapy Association
- Member of the Tennessee Association for Music Therapy
- 10-Time Superior Rating at the National Guild of Piano Teachers Competition
- Awarded the Paderewski Medal through the National Guild of Piano Teachers
- Competed at the National Federation of Music Clubs Competition
Notable roles/performance experience:
- Played the pipe organ at the Air Force Academy Chapel
- Sang with the ASU Gospel Choir for two years
- Pre-school choir accompanist
Teaching/music therapy experience:
- Music therapy internship at an addiction recovery facility, leading music therapy and art groups for adults in recovery from substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health diagnoses
- Experience working with many ages and populations from young children to older adults
- Music and play instructor for kids ages 0-5 at Gymboree Play and Music
A piano student herself starting at the age of six, Annie is now a board-certified music therapist, as well as a piano, guitar and ukulele instructor. She is trained in classical music but also enjoys venturing out of classical.
Annie meets her students where they are and is able to adapt to various styles and needs. “I want to help my students develop a passion for music and find their voice just as I did,” she shares. She also implores her students to trust themselves and their musical abilities. “Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not good enough,” she encourages them.
Annie has run 11 half marathons (soon to be 12!), and is taking on a full marathon next. She loves to read, explore the outdoors, and spend time with her family and friends. A lover of travel, she’s been to been to 27 states and seven countries. Her favorite music tends to be singer-songwriters and alternative rock, and she especially loves to listen to The Band CAMINO, LANY, Sleeping at Last, Ben Rector, and Judah & The Lion.