Music Therapy, Piano, Guitar, Ukulele
Education and awards:
- Seeking a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy, Barrett, The Honors College (at Arizona State University), summa cum laude
- Board-certified music therapist (MT-BC)
- Member of the American Music Therapy Association
Music therapy/teaching experience:
- Music therapist and piano teacher at Metro Music Makers since 2020
- Music therapist and program manager at Memphis Recovery Centers, leading music therapy for adults in recovery from substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health diagnoses (2021-2022)
- Music therapist and assistant director at Elder’s First Mindful Care Adult Day Center (2020-2021) leading music therapy groups for adults 60 and over with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other memory related issues
- Music therapy internship at Journey Pure addiction treatment center, leading music therapy and art groups for adults in recovery from substance use disorder and co-occurring mental health diagnoses
Before moving to Chicago, IL where Annie currently resides, she worked as a music therapist in an addiction treatment center in Memphis, TN and as a music therapist in an adult day program in Murfreesboro, TN. She has also been a piano teacher for a couple years now.
Along with teaching piano to all ages, she provides music therapy for children with a variety of diagnoses, older adults with and without memory issues, and for the addiction recovery population. She conducts sessions within the Chicago, IL area. Annie meets her students and clients where they are and is able to adapt to various styles and needs. “I want to help my students develop a passion for music and find their voice just as I did,” she shares. She also implores her students to trust themselves and their musical abilities. “Don’t let anyone tell you that you’re not good enough,” she encourages them.
Outside of music, Annie is an avid long-distance runner, and loves to read, explore new places, and drink good coffee with her husband and friends.